thegaminggrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice

Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice

Post by Trothael Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 am

Right-o chaps. This is going to be my record thread/general discussion thread for the first campaign I'm going to be running at The Gaming Grounds.

Of course, the system is Rogue Trader and the campaign title is still in the works, for now: When Lightning Strikes Twice will do.

This post and the few posts of mine below will serve as a record of what has happened thusfar, interesting things the party has discovered or in the process of doing and how the story is developing. I'm using multiple posts to make sorting through everything easier on my own part.

Quick rundown of the contents:
Main post - Story updates and announcements
Second post - Rulings and House Rules
Third post - Ship and faction information for ease of use.
Fourth post - Character updates and any temporary battle information necessary.
Fifth post - Temporarily going to be unused, but will be a placeholder for any additional information

Latest update:
The party (Tom, Met and Kris) have tackled and defeated the S.A.I.N.T forces occupying the lower deck. Discovering that their leader was a psyker of some sort they reported back to the ship's captain to confirm the situation.

Now the ship is a single day away from arriving at the Thelfor system with the cargo intact and most of the civilians alive.

Next game is 14th of December @ 5-6PM

Last edited by Trothael on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Trothael
Trothael

http://www.alltern8.com/members/#/blog.asp?Profile=27696

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Rulings and House Rules

Post by Trothael Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 am

Trothael wrote:
Second post - Rulings and House Rules

Here's a taster of some of the additional rules we'll be using:
Tattoos, Electoos and Piercings

All characters will have to have an electoo somewhere about their person detailing basic biological and personal information. This electoo will function as both their personal ID and their biometric data will be used to grant access to more parts of the ship. Players may also elect to receive further body modification in the form of piercings and tattoos/electoos. Examples are as follows:

Thieve's Light

A well powered electoo in the palm of the hand that emits light bright enough to see by when activated.
Effect: Allows the player to re-roll search and awareness tests for any items or people in their immediate area whilst in dark places. The distance of this item's effect is down to the GM's discretion.
Cost: TBA

Un-necessary piercings
Several piercings of bone/metal/cartlidge cover one of the character's body parts, whether through choice or as part of their home planets traditions.
Effect: The player receives -3 Fellowship and +1 Toughness for every 3 (rounded up) body parts with Un-necessary piercings. When the character takes damage in a location with Un-necessary piercings they receive +1 to the armour value of that location if they are wearing clothing/no armour in that location. Note: This bonus does not stack with Subskin Armour.

Electographs
An electoo that contains a secret message that can only be displayed whilst activated. Having the data wiped and/or re-programmed on the Electograph counts as an additional piercing/tattooing session each time it is done (This is for purposes of the Doc, I need my skin! effect)
Effect: No in-game effect other than to conceal a piece of information.

Doc, I need my skin!
After one too many operations to scar your body for life; your mind has finally succumbed to the idea that you're paying someone to repeatedly stab you with a variety of needles, either from pleasure or pain, you go a bit crazy.
Effect: After every piercing/tattooing (Successful or not) take a Willpower check at -10. If this test is failed then the character gains 1d5 Insanity points. If the test is passed then the character leaves happy enough with their new body modification.
Cost: N/A

Last edited by Trothael on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Trothael
Trothael

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Ship Information

Post by Trothael Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am

Trothael wrote:
Third post - Ship and faction information for ease of use.

Last edited by Trothael on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Trothael
Trothael

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Character Information

Post by Trothael Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am

Trothael wrote:Fourth post - Character updates and any temporary battle information necessary.

Credits:
Trothael/ME - NPCs, DMNPC, Additional crew, Team Astral Justice Force and BBEG(s). Voice acting and camera #4
Doc Addle/Met - Arch Militant
Burning Star IV/Kris - Explorator
w00t/Lee - Void-master
CJ - Astropath
John - Astropath
Tom - Arch Militant

Last edited by Trothael on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Trothael
Trothael

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty ??????????

Post by Trothael Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 am

Trothael wrote:
Fifth post - Temporarily going to be unused, but will be a placeholder for any additional information

Also: Thread is open to discussion.
Trothael
Trothael

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Re: Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice

Post by Trothael Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 am

Campaign is starting on Monday. Just in case you didn't know.
Trothael
Trothael

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice Empty Re: Rogue Trader: When Lightning Strikes Twice

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down